WhatsApp groups are a feature that allows multiple users of the WhatsApp application to communicate within a single conversation. Each member of the group can send text messages, photos, videos, documents, and make voice and video calls with other participants of the group.
Creating a WhatsApp group is easy and requires just a few clicks. The person creating the group can invite other users by sending them an invitation link or by adding them directly from their contact list. Once the group is created, each member can view the group chat history and send new messages, which facilitates easy and quick sharing of information and coordination among multiple users.
However, what if we are added to a WhatsApp group that we did not want to join? We can leave the group in such a way that no one except the administrator will know.
To leave a WhatsApp group without the knowledge of other users, follow these steps.
The screenshots were taken on an iPhone 13 Pro. Operating system – iOS 16.3
- Open the WhatsApp application on your phone;
- Go to the group that you want to leave;
- Swipe the group chat to the left and then click on the “Archive” option;
- Go to the top of your WhatsApp chats. Click on the “Archived” section;
- Open the group you want to leave;
- Click on the name of the group to go to its details;
- Scroll down and then click on the “Exit group” option;
- Confirm your decision by clicking on the “Exit group” button;
- Done! You are no longer a member of the selected group! You have left the WhatsApp group without the knowledge of other users (only the group administrator will be notified). You can no longer send messages to this group or connect with it. You will also not see any updates.
However, it is worth remembering that if you are added back to the group or rejoin it, other users will be informed about it!
Leave A Comment