To use Google Maps to find an interesting place to visit, you can do the following:
- Open the Google Maps app on your mobile device or go to maps.google.com on your computer.
- Search for a specific location or area you are interested in visiting.
- Once the location is pulled up, look for the “Explore” tab on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will show you popular places to visit in the area, including restaurants, shops, and tourist attractions.
- You can also filter the results by categories such as “Outdoors,” “Museums,” or “Food” to find specific types of places.
- Read reviews and check the ratings of the places that interest you before visiting.
- To get directions just tap on the location and tap on direction.
There are several alternatives to using Google Maps to find interesting places to visit:
- TripAdvisor: This website and app allow you to search for and read reviews of tourist attractions, hotels, and restaurants.
- Yelp: A website and mobile app that provides reviews, ratings and price range of local businesses such as restaurants and services.
- Foursquare: A mobile app that uses location data to suggest nearby places to visit, such as restaurants and bars.
- Lonely Planet: A well-known travel guidebook publisher, also has a website and mobile app that offer destination information, travel tips and suggested itineraries
- Trip.com, Expedia, booking.com, etc. they are travel booking websites that also provide information on popular attractions, accommodations and activities.
- Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms can also be good sources to find interesting places to visit, by searching for location tags, and hashtags or following travel bloggers.
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets (Street View), real-time traffic conditions (Google Traffic), and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle (in beta), or public transportation. Google Maps began as a C++ desktop program at Where 2 Technologies. In October 2004, the company was acquired by Google, which converted it into a web application. Google Maps offers an API that allows maps to be embedded on third-party websites and offers a locator for urban businesses and other organizations in numerous countries around the world. Google Map Maker allowed users to collaboratively expand and update the service’s mapping worldwide but was discontinued from March 2017.
TripAdvisor is a travel and restaurant website that provides reviews of travel-related content. It also includes interactive travel forums. TripAdvisor was an early user of the user-generated content model. The website services are free to users, who provide most of the content, and the website is supported by a hotel booking engine and an advertising business model. The website is owned by Tripadvisor, Inc., which is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
Users can submit reviews and opinions about hotels, restaurants, and destinations, as well as make restaurant reservations and book hotel rooms. TripAdvisor also allows users to create virtual tours of hotels, which can be navigated via 360-degree panoramic photographs.
TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor operates websites globally, in such languages as Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, and Polish. TripAdvisor-branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 460 million reviews and opinions.