A Facebook friends list is a list of people that a user is connected with through approved friend requests or accepted invitations from other users. The friends list displays the usernames, profile pictures, and links to their profiles.
By default, a Facebook friends list is public, which means that any user can see who a particular user is connected with on Facebook. However, a user can choose to hide their friends list from other users or limit access to the list to only selected people.
The friends list is essential to the functioning of Facebook as it allows for easy searching and contacting of other users, viewing their content, and receiving notifications about their activity on the site.
To hide your Facebook friends list, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and log in to your Facebook account;
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen to go to your profile;
- Click on the “Friends” tab on the top navigation bar;
- Click on the “Edit Privacy” button in the upper right corner of the page;
- Select “Only Me” from the menu to hide your friends list from other Facebook users;
- Click the “Done” button to save the changes;
After completing these steps, your friends list will be hidden from other Facebook users. However, it’s important to note that this option does not hide your posts from your friends, who will still see your posts and comments in their news feed.”