Are you bombarded with unwanted promotional messages every now and then? Or maybe you don’t want to receive text messages from a specific friend for a while? There is a way. Block text messages. If you don’t know how to go about it, be sure to follow our quick step-by-step instructions. Let’s start!
The screenshots were taken on the Huawei P20 Pro. System – Android 10
- Make sure you have an updated “Messages” app. To do this, open the Google Play Store and then go to the “Menu” by clicking on the icon of three horizontal lines. Select “My games and applications” from the list. Those for which updates are available are labeled “Update”;
- Open the “Messages” application on your Android phone;
- Open the conversation you want to block;
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen and then select “Details”;
- In the “Options” area, click on “Block and report spam”;
- A small dialog box will appear. Confirm by clicking on the “OK” button (if you want to report the contact as spam, select the “Report spam” checkbox);
- Ready! Once blocked, you will no longer receive any text messages or calls from that particular contact. Your previous correspondence with the blocked friend will be moved to the “Spam and blocked” folder.